Quick & easy Valentine's Day projects
Quick and east Valentine’s Day projects
I haven’t posted a blog in a while – since before Thanksgiving to be exact. I’ve been very uninspired over the past few months. But the clouds seem to be clearing and I did a couple of quick, very easy Valentine’s Day projects for my mantel and thought I would share them.
Stuffed felt hearts –
Pre-cut felt squares in reds/pinks
Heart template (I used a cookie cutter)
Jumbo cotton balls
Decorative paper straws
· Fold the felt squared in half and draw 3 hearts on each, then cut them out
· Use your hot glue (I used my low temp gun) and glue around the edges – but leave the bottom open
· Pull the cotton balls into 3 pieces
· Use the straw or your finger to stuff them inside the heart
· Then place your straw at the bottom opening and hot glue the straw to the felt and the opening closed
Put them in a vase or jar and you have a heart bouquet!
Valentine’s Day framed ephemera –
I had this framed print on the mantel already but I wanted to change it up for Valentine Day
1 frame with glass
1 stuffed felt heart (no straw)
Sheet music or other paper item (this was a page from an old book)
Vintage post cards (old postcards I had in my stash, but they are easily found)
· Arranged your items on the glass and around the frame (make sure it covers the original artwork inside the frame)
· Roll your scotch tape in on its self and attached the items to the glass/frame
Since I’ll want to use this print and frame again, this gave me a every temporary way to change it up for the holiday.
I put these on the mantel with a small pink paper lantern. I think it turned out really cute!
The paper lanterns play a big part in the Valentine’s Day porch design – I’ll be sharing that next week. It might be the favorite porch design I’ve ever done – stay tuned!